Friday, April 20, 2007

Views

I had two teenagers knock on my door this morning trying to sell me magazines so they could go to Cancun (what's up with that BTW ?!?!). I realized that when I answered my door what it must have looked like to him; two snot nosed kids, me in my junky cleaning day clothes, staying at home, no car... it must have looked like a nightmare to him! But to me it's my dream come true :D About the only thing he could relate to me was my tattoo on my foot (he'd just got his first). What a strange experience. And he warned me, if I don't buy today I'll have a series of more teenagers knocking on my door. Yikes, I'm not answering!

7 comments:

A.M.T. said...

Can you clarify why it was your dream come true? Are you excited by the prospect of annoying kids peddling unwanted junk so they can go live the high life in an exotic location?

If so, I've got a few things I think you might be interested in buying...

:)

Anonymous said...

one day soon, Caeter & Sky will be doing something like this to. so when they do, just send them to Gramom & gramdad 'will buy it' it's not what being sold.
you know
Dad

Michelle R said...

No Adam teenagers are not my dream come true, they scare the crap out of me! Being home with the kids elbow deep in cleaning and snot is my dream come true!
Where have you been, you could have been selling your 'few things' to support law school!

Dad, I already have a plan for you and mom. Drop the candy off at your house, then come back a week later for a check! LOL Worked when we were kids!

Anonymous said...

Wow door to door salesman ... my first reaction, why did you open the door? But then I remembered you're in Michigan. I was raised in the Bronx, we didn't do things like that - open doors to people selling stuff no matter what. We're not as nice as you :)

Now my next question is - what are you going to do when Carter and Skye become teenagers? :) [honestly I don't think you'll have a problem with them because you're a great mom, so you shouldn't be scared]

Anonymous said...

Aww - I love this post. Truly it is a dream come true, isn't it?

Angie said...

I've got an award for you over at my blog. Go check it out!

Have a happy weekend! Isn't it gorgeous out?

Tawnya Shields said...

Eek teenagers! I liked your description of a stay home mommy. I work from my home and I love it too. Since I am also remodeling they would run screaming. Paint in my hair, an old holey t-shirt with Taz on it and my hair tied up in some kind of banshee way with watever clips I have lying about. Kewl. :o)~

Cute blog BTW.