Monday, April 30, 2007

More on Spaghetti and Carter


Yesterdays spaghetti covered face reminded me that spaghetti was Carter's first favorite food. Here he is on his 1st Birthday, compare how much he's grown to yesterday's picture!

More on Carter

I mentioned how I love seeing life though his 3 year old eyes. So much has changed for him. Last year at this time he was just learning to ride his trike this year his 'owns it'. He is master of the neighborhood, riding that bike up and down, talking to all the neighbors. I just love him so much. He is so outgoing, such a quick learner, a charmer (all the girls kids in the neighborhood just love him). I love the way he get 'drunk' on all the fresh air he's been getting lately. He can stay outside for HOURS just riding his bike or playing in the backyard.
I don't know why I've been so reflective on Carter lately and not Skye. I think it's because while I know Skye is her very own person I've seen this age already once. With Carter it's all new to me!

That's all for today!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I remember those days! Just because Skye's discoveries and trials aren't new to you, doesn't mean they are new to her! Keep up the enthusiasm!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I admit after I hit the publish button, I realized how completely and utterly ridiculous that sounded. Trust me it sounded muucchhh better in my head. :)~ Love Ya

A.M.T. said...

I want some spaghetti.

Anonymous said...

I remember when you took that picture of Carter ... he was so cute (and he's still cute) ... I remember someone else eating spaghetti like that too ... LOL ;)

Julie said...

On top of ol' smokey all covered in cheese, I lost my poor meatball when somebody sneezed....It fell under the table and onto the flooooor......

I forgot the rest of the words...

The End :)

Julie said...

OH NO! I sung it wrong. Its supposed to be "On top of SPAGHETTI" Duh!

:)

Michelle R said...

I know it Julie!

it rolled off the table and onto the floor the my poor meatball rolled right out the door. it rolled it in the garden and under a bush, then my poor meatball was nothing but mush. but the mush was tasty as tasty can be, the very next summer it grew into a tree! the tree was all viney ?? and covered mose ??? it grew giant meatballs and spaghetti sauce!

we love that song!

Julie said...

Yaay! Thanks Michelle R. That is a great song, an oldy, but goody for sure. I will have to brush up on the lyrics so that I can teach Carter and Skye.

:)