Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Meet 'Butterfly, butterfly'


Several weeks ago the kids and I went to the Butterfly exhibit at Oakland Mall. On the way out we took home to very cute (or creepy, to me) caterpillars. We watched them form their chrysalises and one morning woke to two beautiful (or bug like, to me) butterflies! Well, the cat got one but one survived and Carter named him Butterfly, butterfly (in memory of the lost butterfly). Now if only it wasn't snowing out and we could get this bug out of here, I mean, set the butterfly free!

4 comments:

Angie said...

How cool! How long can this butterfly stay in that container? I don't see it warming up enough to set "butterfly" free. Maybe you can sneek it into the detroit zoo butterfly house :-)

Anonymous said...

I didn't know about the naming. How cute. I'm thinking the zoo is a good option, who knew we were reverting back to winter??? Love the pic hun!

Michelle R said...

Angie said; How long can this butterfly stay in that container?

Two weeks. I thought about the zoo, the mall exhibit also said that I could bring it back there.

Julie said...

Michelle, you have this ALL wrong. "Butterfly, Butterfly" is CLEARLY a butterfly from the North Pole. Carter is supposed to tell it what he wants for Christmas and then he flies back to the North Pole and tells Santa. DUH!

Geez, you don't know anything about "Butterfly Elves".


:) (you can thank me later)