Monday, September 17, 2007

Why I gave up the Emmy's.

This is the first year in I don't know how many years that I have not watched the Emmy awards. And no it's not because I didn't know they were on. And no it's not because I don't own a tv. And no It's not because I'm not an award show junkie, well, I was.
Excess. It's too much excess. Gift bags for presenters that near $10,000, attendees wearing Millions of dollars worth of jewelry, the party's, the food, the clothing.... All this so they can applaud for each other for DOING THEIR JOB! All this while some kid (lots of kids actually) was going to bed hungry. All this while another family is loosing their home to foreclosure. All this while America's best are overseas fighting in a war and dying and not having the proper equipment. But I'm sure it's all Bush's fault. And trust me,I'm no Bush fan.
How about instead of a night of excess these fine actors these actors donate their time, money, and resources to something that ISN'T ALL ABOUT THEM! How about the give that cute little golden statue to the fine citizens of America that work their asses off to provide for their families? How about giving it to someone who is living real drama, not just playing it on TV?
I might just throw my TV out the window. Seriously.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

couldn't agree with you more.

Angie said...

Amen sista! I didn't watch it either however I didn't even know it was on. Oh and I was watching Big Brother (it's so much more important).

Monique said...

and yet you couldn't stop watching it....

A.M.T. said...

If you do throw your TV out the window, please have someone record it and post it on this blog. That would be awesome to see.