Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Volcanoes

Carter has been quite interested in volcanoes for awhile now. We've read books, talked about them, watched videos on youtube (what a great educations tool, who knew?), and finally made our own! Thanks for my friend Sally for her creativity in the design (are you there Sally?).

This is a disposable plastic wear, upside down, hole cut out of center, film canister placed inside. Covered in play dough (we save it and reuse it every time), then you know the trick....baking soda, colored vingear....the MAGIC happens and volcanoes erupt!!

Fun, fun, fun!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I love this so much! See? You have the hang of this school thing already!
Mom and I were talking about making a time capsule. That would be a cool idea for the kids too!

X's and O's

Julie

Angie said...

Oh what fun!

eeek, the playdough colors are all mixed up. I just can't allow that in my house. Ha ha! That is such a pet peeve of mine. I feel so bad for my children. :-)

Monique said...

Haha, that is the funniest face ever!! I have to say, I saw this in real life and never saw him make a face even close to that!!