Thursday, June 21, 2007

Garden Blog (mid-June)



I (almost) grew garlic. I think it was in too hot of a spot. We will try again next year. The bulbs are little, but still edible!





Good morning Pumpkin!




We have tomatoes!

Lessons learned;
must screen compost before adding it to garden, get the big stuff out
garlic does not like full sun, next to a brick house
only 1/4 of my sunflower seeds sprouted, will plant more today to celebrate summer solstice!
little rabbits can get though chain link fence, expect it.
I'm sure there will be more....

3 comments:

Angie said...

Bravo! Well done! Next year you will have a wonderful spaghetti sauce.

You are doing a better job with your gardening than I am :-)

Happy first day of summer!

Angie said...

OMG! Thanks so much for telling me about the Farmington concerts. You must make sure you go on Friday. The Chautauqua Express is an AMAZING show. He's been to our school twice and it's a "do not miss" show. Guy Louis rocks!

Anonymous said...

Yay! The garden is flourishing ... Good job! Isn't it fun? :)

I have a new addition to my City Herb Garden... parsley. :) Just waiting for it to be green enough so I can wash and chop it and add it to my salads ... yummy!