Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Garden snapshot ~ May

Everything is planted. The new vegetable garden looks great and quite happy with all the compost that I made last year mixed in! This year we are growing;
Jalapenos
Carrots (planted between the jalapeno plants to discourage rabbits)
Cucumbers
2 Early Girl tomatoes
2 Cherry tomatoes (Carter has claimed these plants)
Pole Beans
Patty pan squash
Summer crooked neck squash
A volunteer pumpkin (note to self, don't put pumpkin insides in to the compost bin!)




Herb Garden
Basil
Garlic (new this year!)
Lavender (new this year!)
Parsley
Chives
Mint




We practice organic gardening, which requires a lot of soil prep. It's sort of like painting, most of the work is setting up! Can't wait to see all the changes in the next month or so.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Yaaayy! Gardens! I tried to grow lavender recently. I even gave her a name! (Ferngully Thumbalina) Beans ate her though and then your mom knocked her over and I had to sweep her up. It was devastating. Anyhoo....good luck with your garden. I am sure it will do much much better than mine.

Oh! and as always hugs and kisses for the munchkins!

<3

Angie said...

Whooohooo, bring on the salsa!

We spent Sunday night and all of Monday pulling weeds. Actually it was more like pulling out sod because the flower beds were almost all grass and weeds.

Anonymous said...

:) Good job Michelle. I should send you pictures of my mom's and my garden. My mom's garden is gorgeous. She has every type of flower imaginable. She hasn't left any room in the front and back yards for me, so that's why I've become a "City Garderner" :)

I have mini roses on my window sill, I'm growing herbs on my window sill too (rosemary and basil), and I have 3 indoor plants in my room - which miraculously they are surviving beautifully - I was a lil hestitant at first because I have a not so green thumb. :)

So I will email you pics. And I love how your garden looks, it will do great this summer. I think you're gonna have to ship me some veggies come harvest time :)

Hugs and Kisses
@>~~~ @>~~~

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been busy! The garden looks great. I can still smell the chive blossoms that skye picked for me. Hmmmmmm!
thanks so much for keeping us "posted!" It's fun watching here what's going on with you all.

Anonymous said...

:-( U forgot about the soon to be beautiful flowers from the bulbs I gave u.

Love Mom