Sunday, September 10, 2006

My last year in my 20s

I'm 29 tomorrow, I can't believe it. The strangest thing about it is that I see 23 year olds and I think I'm still them, but I'm not. I'm 23 + 6 years. 6 years wiser, 2 kids wiser, 3 moves wiser. I don't mid age, moving forward, becoming more me. I look forward to 30, 40, 50 and beyond... I wonder what each new year will bring me.

I don't feel like I need to go backward and be young again. I've lived that, I made it out the other side. I love my life now, in this moment. These ARE the best days of my life.

So, 29 tomorrow. Happy birthday ME!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I realize that this is an older post, but I had to write and say that I know how you feel! I will be 25 today and I still feel like I'm no older than 21. My 21st year was that best of my life so far, it was just such a great year for me physically, mentally, etc. I can't believe that was four years ago and I just don't want to believe I'm getting any older LOL

FWIW, Brian will be 31 this year! Now that's crazy - he's still 15 at heart LOL

Anonymous said...

I put 25 "today" when it should have said "this year" LOL!! I must be getting old!